Dr. Lee is an accomplished surgeon and researcher who treats all maladies of the hand and upper extremity, including thoracic outlet syndrome, nerve injuries and vascular problems.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Hand surgery
- Wrist problems
- Nerve injuries
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Elbow problems
- Vascular medicine
- Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Residency, University of Chicago Hospitals
- Fellowship, Union Memorial Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hand Surgery
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Waltham: Mass General Waltham
- Insurances Accepted
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Lee is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in conditions of the hand and upper extremity. He earned his BA from University of Pennsylvania, and earned his MD from the University of Oklahoma. Dr. Lee completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Chicago Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois and performed a hand fellowship at The Raymond M. Curtis National Hand Center in Baltimore, Maryland.
Dr. Lee treats all orthopaedic maladies of the hand and upper extremity, with particular interests in major nerve injuries, brachial plexus injuries, vascular problems as well as thoracic outlet syndrome. Dr. Lee has researched, published and presented on many topics regarding the hand and upper extremity.
- Research Summary
Dr. Lee has researched and presented on many topics related to the hand and upper extremity including thoracic outlet syndrome, nerve injuries, vascular problems and brachial plexus injuries.
Kadzielski J, Malhotra LR, Zurakowski D, Lee SG, Jupiter JB, Ring D. Evaluation of preoperative expectations and patient satisfaction after carpal tunnel release. J Hand Surg Am. 2008 Dec;33(10):1783-8.
Lozano, S; Blazar, P.; Zurakowski, D.; Lee, SP.; Ring, D.: Diagnosis of Scaphoid Fracture Displacement Using Radiography and Computed Tomography JBJS 2006: 88:2695-2703.
Nazzal A, Lozano-Calder?n S, Jupiter JB, Rosenzweig JS, Randolph MA, Lee SG. A histologic analysis of the effects of stainless steel and titanium implants adjacent to tendons: an experimental rabbit study. J Hand Surg Am. 2006 Sep;31(7):1123-30.
Ring D, Kadzielski J, Malhotra L, Lee SG, Jupiter JB. Psychological factors associated with idiopathic arm pain. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005 Feb;87(2):374-80.
Lee SG, Jupiter JB. Phalangeal and metacarpal fractures of the hand. Hand Clin. 2000 Aug;16(3):323-32, vii.
Boston, MA 02114