- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Valvular heart disease
- Three-dimensional echocardiography
- Medical Education
- MD, New York Medical College
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Passeri's main clinical focus is on the evaluation and management of valvular heart disease. He is a co-investigator in the PARTNER Trial, a pivotal clinal trial of transcatheter aortic valve replacement for patients with calcific aortic stenosis. Dr. Passeri also works closely with members of the cardiac catheterization laboratory in using advanced echocardiographic techniques to guide a variety of complex transcatheter structural heart procedures. Dr. Passeri lectures each year in a variety of Harvard Medical School's continuing education courses in cardiology.
- Research Summary
- Dr. Passeri's research focuses primarily on valvular heart disease and echocardiography. He is a co-investigator in the PARTNER Trial, a pivotal clinal trial of transcatheter aortic valve replacement for patients with calcific aortic stenosis.
- Jagannath AD, Johri AM, Liberthson R, Larobina M, Passeri J, Tighe D, Agnihotri AK. Quadricuspid Aortic Valve: A Report of 12 Cases and a Review of the Literature. Echocardiography 2011 Aug 19
- PARTNER Trial Investigators. Transcatheter versus Surgical Aortic-Valve Replacement in High-Risk Patients. New Eng J Med 2011 Jun 9;364(23):2187-98.
- Johri AM, Rojas CA, El-Shereif A, Witzke CF, Chitty DW, Palacios IF, Passeri J, King ME, Abarra S. Imaging of Atrial Septal Defects: Echocardiography and CT Correlation. Heart 2011;97:1441-1453.
- Johri AM, Witzke C, Solis J, Palacios IF, Inglessis I, Picard MH, Passeri J. Real-Time Three-dimensional Transesophageal Echocardiography in Patients with Secundum Atrial Septal Defects: Outcomes Following Transcatheter Closure. J Am Soc Echocardiography 2011 Apr;24(4):431-7.
- Johri AM, Passeri J, Picard MH. Three-dimensional echocardiography: Approaches and clinical utility. Heart. 2010;96(5):390-7.
- Johri AM, Yared K, Durst R, Cubeddu RJ, Palacios IF, Picard MH, Passeri J. Three-dimensional echocardiography-guided repair of severe paravalvular regurgitation in a bioprosthetic and mechanical mitral valve. Eur J Echocardiography. 2009;10:572-5.
- Kristo J, Hardy GJ, Anderson TJT, Sinha S, Ahluwalia N, Lin AY, Passeri J, Scherrer-Crosbie M, Gerszten RE. Pharmacological inhibition of BLT1 diminishes early abdominal aneurysm formation. Atherosclerosis 2010 May;210(1):107-13.
Throughout the month of February, our doctors and specialists in the Massachusetts General Hospital Institute for Heart, Vascular and Stroke Care will be sharing their expertise on various heart conditions and offering prevention tips in recognition of American Heart Month. Roughly one in every four deaths in the U.S. each year is due to heart disease, making it the leading cause of death for Americans.
MGH Hotline 6.10.11 U.S. Rep. Erik Paulsen, co-chair of the Medical Technology Caucus, visited the MGH on May 18 to tour the Tissue Engineering and Organ Fabrication Laboratory in the Richard B. Simches Research Center and the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory on Blake 9.
Dolly's Story: Getting Back on Her Feet
Dolly Lakkis—a business owner, optician and competitive dancer—didn’t have time to be sick. When mitral valve disease started to affect the quality of her life, she turned to a team of specialists at the Corrigan Minehan Heart Center at Massachusetts General Hospital. Dolly’s doctors were able to repair her damaged heart valve with minimally invasive surgery that got her back on her feet—and back on the dance floor—as quickly as possible.
Mass General Cardiologist Talks about Aortic Valve Stenosis
Jonathan Passeri, MD, co-director of the Mass General Heart Valve Program and director of Interventional Echocardiography, talks about aortic valve stenosis and answers common questions about symptoms to look out for and treatment options.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696