To make a neuromuscular division appointment, call 617-726-3642.
- Clinical Interests
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Medical Education
- MD, Damascus University School of Medicine
- Residency, Boston Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Neuromuscular Medicine
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Nazem Atassi is Associate Director of the Neurological Clinical Research Institute at Massachusetts General Hospital, and Associate Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School. He has completed Neurology training at Boston University Medical Center and Fellowship in Neuromuscular Disorders and Clinical Trials at MGH.
Dr. Atassi received his Masters of Medical Science in 2010 from Harvard Medical School. He serves on the executive committee of the Northeast ALS Consortium (NEALS), and he is the founder and Co-Chair of the Upper Motor Neuron and the Imaging committees at NEALS.
Dr. Atassi received several awards including the MIT 100K Life Science Award from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the Anne B. Young Translational Neuroscience Fellowship, and NIH K23 Career Development Award. He is completing Masters in Business Administration (MBA class 2019) at Sloan, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He has hands-on industry experience in designing and running multicenter clinical trials through his work as a medical monitor for Pfizer and Fellow at Biogen.
Dr. Atassi is the Primary Investigator for several research projects focusing on Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis clinical trials, neuroimaging, and outcomes measures. His research is funded by the National Institute of Health, ALS Association, ALS Finding a Cure, ALS One Foundation, Muscular Dystrophy Association, and Harvard NeuroDiscovery Center.
Dr. Atassi directs the NCRI Imaging core which leverages a world-class research imaging infrastructure available at Mass General and apply these technologies to develop new ALS therapies. This Core is laser-focused on building novel imaging platforms that can measure the biological activity of experimental treatments in people living with ALS, leading to efficient clinical trial designs and accelerated pace of drug discovery.
He attends two clinics at MGH: ALS multidisciplinary clinic and Neuromuscular clinic.
- Research Summary
- Translational Research and Clinical Trials in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and other Neurodegenerative Disorders.
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117