- Medical Education
- PhD, Temple University
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health - MGH
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Louisa Sylvia is a staff psychologist and Director of Psychology at Bipolar Clinic and Research Program at Massachusetts General Hospital, Director of Health and Wellness at the Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital Home Base Program, and an Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Sylvia's major research interests are developing resiliency and wellness programs for veterans and individuals with mood disorders.
Dr. Sylvia received her undergraduate degree from Wesleyan University and her doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from Temple University.
The Massachusetts General Hospital Bipolar Clinic and Research Program is launching a 10-site nationwide trial evaluating the real-world advantages and disadvantages of second generation mood stabilizing medications compared to lithium.
50 Staniford Street
Boston, MA 02114-2517
Phone 1: 617-643-4804
Phone 2: 617-724-5600