Dr. Cusin's focus is Treatment Resistant Depression, she is involved in research trials on treatments for TRD. She was part of the pivotal trial investigating Deep Brain Stimulation for the most treatment-refractory forms of depression. She provides expert consultation for patients with treatment-refractory mood disorders.
Accepting patients by clinician referral only. Please check with our practice to confirm your insurance eligibility as it may change
- Clinical Interests
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Deep brain stimulation
- Mechanisms of placebo response
- Genetics of mood disorders
- Treatment-resistant depression
- Medical Education
- MD, Universita Di Milano
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital|Residency, Universita degli Studi di Milano
- Fellowship, Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele
- Board Certifications
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health - MGH
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Cusin was working as Psychiatrist in an inpatient unit and involved in research when in 2004 she decided to come to the U.S. for a Research Fellowship at Mass. General Hospital.
She decided to pursue further training in the U.S. and after completing the Adult Psychiatry Residency at MGH/McLean she joined the staff of the Depression Clinical & Research Program (DCRP), under the mentorship of Dr Maurizio Fava.
She is Assistant Professor in Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School
Dr. Cusin has an outpatient clinic at the DCRP and often performs consultations for patients with Treatment-Resistant Depression.She is one of the clinicians in the ECT team at MGH and she is the primary investigator involved in research studies on ketamine in treatment-resistant mood disorders at MGH.
- Research Summary
Dr. Cusin's field of interest is Treatment Resistant Depression (TRD).
At the Depression Clinical & Research Program (DCRP), she is involved in numerous clinical trials, sponsored by NIMH and foundations, investigating new pharmacologic treatments for Major Depression and TRD, including intravenous administration of ketamine and scopolamine
She is one of the programmers in the pivotal trial for Deep Brain Stimulation for MDD sponsored by Medtronic, for patients affected by extremely treatment-refractory depression.
Dr. Cusin is also developing two original projects aiming at detecting possible neurobiological mechanisms of placebo response in antidepressant clinical trials.
One Bowdoin Square
Boston, MA 02114-2790