- Clinical Interests
- Dermatology (general)
- Itching disorders
- Mycoses fungoides
- Contact dermatitis (allergic)
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis)
- Skin cancer
- Medical Education
- MD, PhD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residency, NYU Langone Medical Center
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Sarina B. Elmariah, MD, PhD is a board certified dermatologist and Instructor in Dermatology at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Elmariah attended the University of Pennsylvania School of Arts and Sciences where she obtained her bachelor's degree (BA) with numerous honors. She received both her medical degree (MD), and a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in developmental neuroscience from the University of Pennsylvania, Medical Scientist Training Program. She completed her internship in Internal Medicine at Mount Sinai Medical School in New York, followed by a dermatology residency at New York University, where she served as a chief resident.
Dr. Elmariah is a physician-scientist performing basic science and clinical research to understand why people itch. She has published numerous articles and abstracts in dermatology and neuroscience journals, including Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology and the Journal of Neuroscience. Also, she has authored several online publications and a book chapter and is a reviewer for the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology.
In addition to general dermatology, skin cancer detection and treatment, her clinical interests and expertise are in chronic itching disorders, eczema, psoriasis, allergic skin reactions, cutaneous lymphomas, and wound healing.
Consumer Reports: Dermatologist, Sarina Elmariah, MD, PhD comments on the many factor that affect how are skin ages.
Romper: Dermatologist, Sarina Elmariah, MD, PhD explains each sunburn that you get increases your risk of skin cancer.
50 Staniford Street
Boston, MA 02114-2517