Dr Leslie-Mazwi is a specialist in Neuroendovascular and Neurocritical care at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Arteriovenous malformations
- Carotid disease
- Intracranial atherosclerosis
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Zimbabwe School of Medicine
- Residency, Mayo Clinic Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Leslie-Mazwi specializes in both Neuroendovascular and Neurocritical care. He practices in the departments of Neurosurgery and Neurology as part of the Massachusetts General Hospital's comprehensive and coordinated approach to patient care, with a focus on cerebrovascular disease. His particular interests are stroke, atherosclerotic disease, arteriovenous malformations and intracranial aneurysms. He also manages the Neurocritical Care service for several months in the year, treating critically ill patients suffering from diseases of the brain and spine, and brings this clinical perspective to the endovascular care of his patients.
After graduating with honors from the University of Zimbabwe Dr. Leslie-Mazwi completed a Neurology residency at the Mayo Clinic. He completed a Neurocritical Care fellowship followed by a second fellowship in Interventional Neuroradiology/Endovascular Neurosurgery at Massachusetts General Hospital, before joining as a staff member. He holds leadership roles in various institutional committees. He has published on a broad range of topics, but his research is centered predominantly on acute endovascular stroke therapies and patient triage. He has lead local participation in several key national and international trials.
Dr. Leslie-Mazwi serves on national committees for the American Heart Association and the Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery, and has been focused on guideline creation for care delivery.
The 2018 AHA/ASA Guidelines for the Early Management of Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke (AIS) feature protocols of stroke care.
If vascular imaging information is available at a referring hospital 50% of patients should receive EVT of those intended for it.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696