Dr. Baron is a medical director of the core laboratories of the Pathology Service at Massachusetts General Hospital. He has an active role in the department's bioinformatics and computational pathology initiatives.
- Clinical Interests
- Clinical Pathology
- Pathology Informatics
- Medical Education
- MD, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Clinical Pathology
- Clinical Informatics
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Jason Baron, MD, is a medical director in the Core Laboratory and an investigator in Pathology Informatics within the Department of Pathology at the Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Baron's research interests are focused on clinical decision support for laboratory testing and the application of statistical methods, and "big-data" analytics to enhance laboratory diagnosis. He is particularly interested in the use of artificial intelligence to derive more precise and patient-specific, diagnostic, prognostic and prescriptive information from sets of routine "commodity" laboratory data. His clinical responsibilities include overseeing reference laboratory testing as well as advancing quality improvement and utilization management initiatives throughout the Core Lab.
- Research Summary
Research interests include
- Use of machine learning to improve the diagnostic value of laboratory testing
- Clinical decision support for laboratory testing
- Applications of informatics and big-data analytics to laboratory utilization management
- Enhanced creatinine and estimated glomerular filtration rate reporting to facilitate detection of acute kidney injury. Baron JM, Cheng XS, Bazari H, Bhan I, Lofgren C, Jaromin RT, Lewandrowski KB, Dighe AS. Am J Clin Pathol. 2015 Jan;143(1):42-9. doi: 10.1309/AJCP05XBCQPHTLGQ.
- Detection of preanalytic laboratory testing errors using a statistically guided protocol. Baron JM, Mermel CH, Lewandrowski KB, Dighe AS. Am J Clin Pathol. 2012 Sep;138(3):406-13. doi: 10.1309/AJCPQIRIB3CT1EJV.
- Measurement of high-sensitivity troponin T in noncardiac medical intensive care unit patients. Correlation to mortality and length of stay. Baron JM, Lewandrowski EL, Januzzi JL, Bajwa EK, Thompson BT, Lewandrowski KB. Am J Clin Pathol. 2014 Apr;141(4):488-93. doi: 10.1309/AJCPLVQQY35XTFVN.
- The 2013 symposium on pathology data integration and clinical decision support and the current state of field. Baron JM, Dighe AS, Arnaout R, Balis UJ, Black-Schaffer WS, Carter AB, Henricks WH, Higgins JM, Jackson BR, Kim J, Klepeis VE, Le LP, Louis DN, Mandelker D, Mermel CH, Michaelson JS, Nagarajan R, Platt ME, Quinn AM, Rao L, Shirts BH, Gilbertson JR. J Pathol Inform. 2014 Jan 31;5:2. doi: 10.4103/2153-3539.126145. eCollection 2014.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696