Dr. Sarah Wakeman is a board certified Massachusetts General Hospital primary care physician. Dr. Wakeman's practice is limited to patients who live or work in Charlestown.
- Medical Education
- MD, Brown University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Charlestown: MGH Charlestown HealthCare Center
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Expanding the availability of medication treatment for opioid use disorder in primary care settings would be a major step toward reducing overdose deaths, write two physicians specializing in addiction medicine and health care delivery.
The MGH this week launched a new podcast called “Charged,” featuring some of the hospital’s leading female voices.
Fentanyl. The man-made opioid is 50 times stronger than heroin and up to 100 times more powerful than morphine. In Massachusetts last year alone, 754 opioid-related overdose deaths had a positive screen for fentanyl. That is more than 50 percent of opioid-related overdose deaths.
A Comprehensive Approach to Stemming the Opioid Epidemic
Dr. Sarah Wakeman, from Massachusetts General Hospital, describes how she and her team, with support from a MacArthur Foundation 100 Change award, will eliminate opioid-related deaths in Massachusetts, providing a blueprint for the rest of the country.
73 High Street
Charlestown, MA 02129-3026
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696