Dr. Faulkner is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon who specializes in surgery of the breast and body, including breast reconstruction, cosmetic breast surgery, breast reduction, and body contouring after massive weight loss, childbirth, and aging.
- Clinical Interests
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast augmentation, Breast lift
- Body contouring after childbirth, massive weight loss, aging
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
- Botox and fillers (Juvederm)
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Cosmetic surgery
- Medical Education
- MPH, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- MD, USC Keck School of Medicine
- Residency, University of Southern California|Residency, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Plastic Surgery
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and Pediatric
- Provider Gender
Dr. Faulkner was born and raised in NYC. She attended University of Southern California for college, medical school and general surgery residency, and is board certified by both the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. During residency, Dr. Faulkner spent 2 years in Boston, and earned a Masters in Public Health (MPH) degree from Harvard School of Public Health, and was a Harvard Medical School plastic surgery research fellow at Boston Children's Hospital. Dr. Faulkner attended plastic surgery residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN, followed by fellowship at Mass General Hospital, specializing in reconstructive and aesthetic breast surgery.
Dr. Faulkner is a member of the faculty of Harvard Medical School. She is Chief of Plastic Surgery at North Shore Medical Center. She is an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the New England Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, and a candidate member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. She is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), and member of the Association of Women Surgeons and the Association of Academic Surgery, and other national professional organizations. She has authored publications (under her maiden name Rosen and married name Faulkner) on pediatric and adult plastic surgery. She has given research presentations at national and international plastic surgery meetings. Her clinical areas of interest include breast reconstruction, cosmetic breast surgery, body contouring after weight loss/childbirth/aging, labiaplasty, and the use of Botox and fillers for non-surgical facial rejuvenation. Dr. Faulkner is committed to excellence in patient care and attention to detail.
Faulkner HR, Colwell AS, Liao EC, Winograd JM, Austen WG Jr. Thermal Injury to Reconstructed Breasts from Commonly Used Warming Devices: A Risk for Reconstructive Failure.
Nuzzi LC, Cerrato FE, Webb ML, Faulkner HR, et al. Psychological impact of breast asymmetry on adolescents: a prospective case-control study.
Ganske I, Verma K, Rosen H, et al. Minimizing complications with the use of acellular dermal matrix for immediate implant-based breast reconstruction.
Chun YS, Verma K, Sinha I, Rosen H, et al. Impact of prior ipsilateral chest wall radiation on pedicled TRAM flap breast reconstruction.
Rosen H, Webb ML, et al. Adolescent gynecomastia: not only an obesity issue.
Rosen H, Saleh F, Lipsitz SR, Rogers SO Jr, Gawande AA. Downwardly mobile: the accidental cost of being uninsured.
Plastic Surgery in Midlife
Heather R. Faulkner, MD, MPH, is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon who specializes in surgery of the breast and body, including breast reconstruction and cosmetic breast surgery, and body contouring after massive weight loss, childbirth and aging. She discusses options for women at midlife in this talk from the 2018 Midlife Women's Health Community Conference.
Breast Reduction Surgery
Dr. Heather Faulkner speaks about breast reduction surgery and answers common questions about the surgery and recovery.
About Me - Dr. Heather Faulkner
An introduction to Dr. Heather Faulkner, a plastic and reconstructive surgeon at Mass General.
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923-3623
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117