Ajay Nehra, MBBS, is a board-certified urologist specializing in prostate enlargement, male sexual dysfunction, male incontinence, male infertility and Peyronie's Disease.
- Clinical Interests
- Benign enlargement of prostate (BPH)
- Infertility - male
- Erectile dysfunction
- Penile Prosthesis
- Artificial urinary sphincter
- Peyronie?s Disease
- Urethral stricture
- Medical Education
- MBBS, All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Residency, Boston University School of Medicine|Residency, Maimonides Medical Center
- Fellowship, Boston University School of Medicine
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Ajay Nehra specializes in prostate enlargement, male sexual dysfunction, male incontinence, male infertility and Peyronie's Disease. He is a former professor of urology at Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, MN, and Rush Medical School in Chicago, IL. He is immediate past editor of the Journal of Men's Health and has published extensively in the field of urology. He is at present co-chair of the American Urological Association Guidelines panel for male sexual dysfunction and Peyronie's Disease.
- Prostate cancer in renal transplant recipients. Sherer BA, Warrior K, Godlewski K, Hertl M, Olaitan O, Nehra A, Deane LA. Braz J Urol. 2017 Nov-Dec;43(6):1021-1032. doi: 10.1590/S1677-5538.IBJU.2016.0510.
- Procalcitonin is a strong predictor of urine culture results in patients with obstructing ureteral stones: A prospective, pilot study. Papagiannopoulos D, Whelan P, Ahmad W, Rybak J, Hota B, Deane L, Nehra A. Urol Ann. 2016 Jul-Sep;8(3):277-80. doi: 10.4103/0974-7796.184877.
- Diagnosis and treatment of erectile dysfunction for reduction of cardiovascular risk. Nehra A, Jackson G, Miner M, Billups KL, Burnett AL, Buvat J, Carson CC, Cunningham GR, Goldstein I, Guay AT, Hackett G, Kloner RA, Kostis J, Montorsi P, Ramsey M, Rosen RC, Sadovsky R, Seftel AD, Vlachopoulos C, Wu FC. J Urol. 2013 Jun;189(6):2031-8. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2012.12.107. Epub 2013 Jan 9. Review.
- Best practice policies for male infertility. Jarow JP, Sharlip ID, Belker AM, Lipshultz LI, Sigman M, Thomas AJ, Schlegel PN, Howards SS, Nehra A, Damewood MD, Overstreet JW, Sadovsky R; Male Infertility Best Practice Policy Committee of the American Urological Association Inc. J Urol. 2002 May;167(5):2138-44.
The Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Urology is pleased to welcome three new doctors to its clinical practice.
Confronting infertility can be scary, confusing and stressful, but it’s helpful to learn more about what you can expect during treatment. Ajay Nehra, a urologist specializing in male infertility in the Fertility Center at Mass General, shares six things you should know about male infertility.
165 Cambridge St
Boston, MA 02114
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923-3623