Yakir S. Levin, M.D., Ph.D, is a board-certified dermatologist who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of skin, hair, and nail disorders. He practices Medical Dermatology at Mass General in Boston and offers Medical and Cosmetic Dermatology services at Mass General/ North Shore Center for Outpatient Care.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Dermatology (general)
- Skin cancer
- Vitiligo and pigmentary disorders
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Medical Education
- MD, PhD, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Residency, Boston Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Yakir Levin, MD, PhD is a board-certified dermatologist, clinical and research fellow in the Dept. of Dermatology Laser and Cosmetic Center at Mass General, where he completed a 2-year fellowship in laser and cosmetic procedures.
Dr. Levin graduated summa cum laude from Yeshiva University, where he earned a BA in Physics. He was accepted to the Medical Scientist Training Program at Stanford University, and completed his MD at the School of Medicine, and his MS and PhD degrees in Electrical Engineering at the School of Engineering. His work focused on development of novel MRI technologies to non-invasively detect and monitor cancer and kidney disease. Dr. Levin completed his internship at Emory University and his residency in dermatology at Boston University Medical Center, where he served as chief resident. While at BU Medical Center, Dr. Levin received the Marie-France Demierre Award for Humanism.
Dr. Levin is a physician-scientist studying novel therapeutic approaches to the treatment of hyperhidrosis and of pigmented lesions. Currently working in the laboratory of Professor R. Rox Anderson at the Wellman Center for Photomedicine at MGH, Dr. Levin’s research endeavors to improve the quality of life of patients with hyperhidrosis, and to develop new platform technologies for the treatment of a variety of dermatologic diseases. He belongs to several professional organizations including the American Academy of Dermatology, the Society of Investigative Dermatology, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
In addition to general dermatology, Dr. Levin’s clinical interests include skin cancer, hyperhidrosis, and pigmentation disorders Dr. Levin offers cosmetic services at our Danvers location to help prevent and reduce the noticeable signs of aging.
50 Staniford Street
Boston, MA 02114-2517
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923-3623