Dr. Pier is a board-certified Pediatric Neurologist with a primary interest in Fetal and Neonatal Neurology. She sees patients at the MGH main campus in Boston. Her clinical interests and growing expertise revolve around the care of infants and young children with neurological illnesses, both congenital and acquired, through rigorous clinical care, relevant clinical research, and education for our next generation of Pediatric Neurologists.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Fetal neurology
- Follow up of neonatal ICU graduates
- Brain malformations
- Neonatal seizures
- Developmental disorders of infants
- Developmental delays
- Pediatric and Newborn Neurological problems
- Neuromuscular problems of infants and children
- Pediatric Neurology
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Children's Hospital Boston|Residency, Tufts Medical Center
- Fellowship, Children's Hospital Boston
- Board Certifications
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Pier is a board-certified Pediatric Neurologist with a primary interest in Fetal and Neonatal Neurology. After graduating from Harvard Medical School, she trained in Pediatrics at Tufts Medical Center's Floating Hospital for Children, and completed Child Neurology residency training at Boston Children’s Hospital. She then completed a Fetal and Neonatal Neurology fellowship funded by the NIH/NINDS R25 award. Her clinical interests and growing expertise revolve around the care of infants and young children with neurological illnesses, both congenital and acquired, through rigorous clinical care, relevant clinical research, and education for our next generation of Child Neurologists.
- Pier DB, Hallbergson A, Peters JM. Guillain-Barré syndrome in a child with pain: Lessons learned from a late diagnosis. Acta Paediatr. 2010 Oct;99(10):1589-91.
- Senapati GM, Levine D, Smith C, Estroff JA, Barnewolt CE, Robertson RL, Poussaint TY, Mehta TS, Werdich XQ, Pier D, Feldman HA, Robson CD. Frequency and cause of disagreements in imaging diagnosis in children with ventriculomegaly diagnosed prenatally. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2010 Nov;36(5):582-95.
- Pier DB, Levine D, Kataoka ML, Estroff JA, Werdich XQ, Ware J, et al. Magnetic resonance volumetric assessments of brains in fetuses with ventriculomegaly correlated to outcomes. J Ultrasound Med. 2011 May;30(5):595-603.
- Pier DB, Nunes FP, Plotkin SR, Stemmer-Rachamimov AO, Kim JC, Shih HA, Brastianos P, Lin AE. Turner syndrome and meningioma: Support for a possible increased risk of neoplasia in Turner syndrome. Eur J Med Genet. 2014 May-Jun;57(6):269-74.
- De Gusmão CM, Guerriero RM, Bernson-Leung ME, Pier D, Ibeziako PI, Bujoreanu S, et al. Functional neurological symptom disorders in a pediatric emergency room: diagnostic accuracy, features, and outcome. Pediatr Neurol. 2014 Aug;51(2):233–8.
- Guerriero RM, Pier DB, de Gusmão CM, Bernson-Leung ME, Maski KP, Urion DK, et al. Increased Pediatric Functional Neurological Symptom Disorders After the Boston Marathon Bombings: A Case Series. Pediatr Neurol. 2014 Nov;51(5):619-23.
- Pier DB, Gholipour A, Afacan O, Velasco-Annis C, Clancy S, Kapur K. et al. 3D Super-Resolution Motion-Corrected MRI: Validation of Fetal Posterior Fossa Measurements. J Neuroimaging. 2016 Sept;26(5):539-44.
David Dredge, MD, and Danielle Pier, MD, are leading the next generation of trainees, fostering their careers through evidence-based education. The roles as clinician teachers, which are unique to Pediatric Neurology, recognize the importance of education in moving both the field and trainees’ careers forward.
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
Phone 1: 617-724-6400
Phone 2: 617-726-0039