Hugh Glimcher Auchincloss, M.D., M.P.H. is a thoracic surgeon at Massachusetts General Hospital specializing in minimally-invasive thoracic surgery.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Robotic surgery
- Lung cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Paraesophageal hernias
- Thymoma and surgical treatment of myasthenia gravis
- Pleural Disease
- Tracheal surgery
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Newton: Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Auchincloss received his M.D. from Harvard Medical School in 2008. He completed his General Surgery and Cardiothoracic Surgery training at the Massachusetts General Hospital and joined the Division of Thoracic Surgery in 2018. He is a member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the General Thoracic Surgery Club, and the American College of Surgeons. His clinical interests include minimally-invasive and robotic approaches to lung cancer, esophageal cancer, gastroesophageal reflux, and tumors of the pleura and mediastinum. His research interest is in clinical outcomes and he completed an M.P.H. in Clinical Effectiveness at the T.H. Chan Harvard School of Public.
- Auchincloss HG, Wright CD. Complications after tracheal resection and reconstruction: prevention and treatment. Journal of Thoracic Diseases. 2016 March; 8 (suppl 2): S160-7.
- Loehrer AP, Hawkins AT, Auchincloss HG, Song Z, Hutter MM, Patel VI. Impact of Expanded Insurance Coverage on Racial Disparities in Vascular Disease: Insights From Massachusetts. Ann Surg. 2015 Nov 18.
- Auchincloss HG, Donahue DM. Prevention and Management of Nerve Injuries in horacic Surgery. Thorac Surg Clin. 2015 Nov;25(4):509-15
- Loehrer AP, Song Z, Auchincloss HG, Hutter MM. Influence of Health Insurance Expansion on Disparities in the Treatment of Acute Cholecystitis. Ann Surg. 2015 Jul;262(1):139-45.
- Loehrer AP, Song Z, Auchincloss HG, Hutter MM. Massachusetts health care reform and reduced racial disparities in minimally invasive surgery. JAMA Surg.2013 Dec;148(12):1116-22.
- Auchincloss HG, Morse CR. Tracheal disruption from invasive pretracheal lymphadenopathy. Ann Thorac Surg. 2013 Jan;95(1):e23.
- Auchincloss HG, Ratter DW. “Management of failed fundoplications, end-stage gastroesophageal reflux disease, and scleroderma” in Shackelford’s Surgery of the Alimentary Tract, 8th Ed.
- Auchincloss HG, Morse CR. “Primary Tumors of the Thymus” in Current Surgical Therapy, 12th Ed.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
2014 Washington Street
Newton, MA 02462