Browse by Medical Category
The mission of our clinical research is to foster discoveries in the novel therapies of inflammatory bowel diseases, gastrointestinal and pancreatic cancer, hepatitis, and other gastrointestinal disorders. Our doctors are committed to providing the best care and management of diseases while testing cutting-edge therapies.
Back to full list of clinical trials
Ongoing clinical trials for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: Actively recruiting
Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
The Study of Biomarkers in Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
To better understand why and how non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease develops, patients with fatty liver can choose to donate blood to allow for the study of relevant genes, environmental and lifestyle factors. Participation entails up to four 10 mL blood samples. Reimbursement for parking is provided.
Basic eligibility criteria:
Any patient with either abnormal liver function tests or fatty liver seen on ultrasound, CT scan or MRI is eligible.
Kathleen Corey, MD, MPH
Stephanie Osganian; 617-726-3670
Growth Hormone and Intrahepatic Lipid Content in Patients with Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
The purpose of this study is to better understand how the body’s natural growth hormone levels contribute to the development of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Participants in this study will undergo a CT scan, MRI scan and special blood testing. Compensation includes $300 for two visits as well as parking reimbursement.
Individuals with NAFLD ages 18-65 years old.
Karen Miller, MD
Laura Dichtel; 617-726-2764
Ongoing clinical trials for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: No longer recruiting
CENTAUR - Efficacy and Safety Study of Cenicriviroc for the Treatment of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) in Adult Subjects with Liver Fibrosis
We are doing this study to find out if cenicriviroc (CVC), a once daily oral drug, can help people with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and liver fibrosis. Participants will require yearly biopsies and will be randomly assigned into 3 groups: active treatment for 2 years (50% chance), placebo then drug (25%), and placebo for 2 years (25%). ClinicalTrials.gov ID: NCT02217475
Back to Top