新型冠状病毒大流行促使医师和病人迅速采用远程医疗和远程虚拟问诊的方法。麻省总医院Ami Bhatt医生和临床研究协调员Jaclyn Pagliaro注意到尽管这一转变给医护人员带来了前所未有的负担，但是心脏病学领域为卫生技术的发展奠定了坚实的基础。
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
MGH Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Yale School of Medicine
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Bhatt's research interests focus on three main areas in adult congenital heart disease:
Vascular Disease: She has studied chronic venous insufficiency in Fontan physiology, arterial stiffness in Marfan and Williams syndrome, as well as pulmonary hypertension in congenital heart disease.
Risk Prediction: In this era of increasing emphasis on quality, cost-effective health care, Dr. Bhatt has focused on improving care delivery, both locally and at tertiary centers. She is the recipient of the Sheila and John Balson Cardiac Scholar Award which has enabled her multicenter assessment of the use of the Seattle Heart Failure Model risk assessment tool as well as the Heart Failure Survival Score in predicting morbidity and mortality in the ACHD population. She also studies resource use, coronary artery anomalies and heart attack/stroke risk in ACHD.
Transition: Dr. Bhatt has been an active member of the MGHfC Transition Committee since 2009. She has published on transition from MGHfC to MGH, and is involved in a national multicenter study of adolescent's knowledge of their need for lifelong care. She works with New England pediatric cardiology practices and with the MA Department of Public Health having received a CDC Grant for the Surveillance of Adolescent and Adult Congenital Heart Disease. Her research study with the MGH Psychiatry group entitled HEART "Helping Emerging Adults Reconcile Transition" addresses patient level challenges.
ACHD Education: Dr. Bhatt is also part of the American College of Cardiology PATCH (Provider Action for Treating Congenital Heart Disease) program, focusing on improving ACHD education for Massachusetts providers. She has designed and implemented an annual Board Review course in ACHD for the Mass ACC Chapter, has surveyed MA cardiologists regarding ACHD education needs and sponsors with her Harvard/MGH ACHD colleagues a national ACHD CME Course for the General Caregiver.
- AHA Scientific Statement: Congenital Heart Disease in the Older Adult. Circulation 2015.
- COCATS 4 Recommendations for Training in Adult Cardiovascular Medicine Core Cardiology Training: Task Force on Training in the Care of Adult Patients 2015.
- Distinct effects of losartan and atenolol on vascular stiffness in Marfan syndrome. Vasc. Med 2015
- Predicting Outcomes Using the Heart Failure Survival Score in Adults with Moderate or Complex Congenital Heart Disease. Congenit Heart Dis. 2014
- Usefulness of the Seattle Heart Failure Model to Identify Adults with Congenital Heart Disease at High Risk of Poor Outcome". Am J Cardiol. 2014
- High Resource Use among Adult Congenital Heart Surgery Admissions in Adult Hospitals: Risk Factors and Association with Death and Comorbidities. Congenit Heart Dis. 2014
- D-transposition of the great arteries: the current era of the arterial switch operation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014
- Survival in Eisenmenger syndrome: a paradigm shift in outcomes research for adult congenital heart disease? Heart. 2014
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: A JACC White Paper. 2011
- Clinician perceptions of transition of patients with pediatric-onset disease to adult medical care. IJCAH 2012
- Pathophysiology of chronic venous insufficiency in adults with a Fontan circulation IJC 2011
- The CALF (CHD in Adults Lower Extremity Systemic Venous Health in Fontan) study. JACC 2010
- May | 7 | 2020
La pandemia del COVID-19 ha obligado a médicos y pacientes a adoptar rápidamente la telemedicina y las visitas virtuales. Ami Bhatt, MD, y Jaclyn Pagliaro, MPH, señalan que el campo de la cardiología presenta una base especialmente valiosa para el desarrollo de tecnologías de la salud.
- Patient Story
- Nov | 26 | 2018
Emily Falkenstein has spent her entire life living with a congenital heart defect. Beginning with an initial heart attack in infancy, Emily has received her care at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Feb | 18 | 2016
Since stress is part of life, the key is to learn how to manage it so that it doesn’t result in physical or emotional harm. Dr. Bhatt offers six tips to manage stress.