Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Electrophysiology Lab/Arrhythmia Service
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MBBCh, University of Ireland
- Residency, Cork University Hospital, Ireland
- Fellowship, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Fellowship, Cork University Hospital, Ireland
- Fellowship, Limerick Regional Hospital
- Fellowship, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital
- Fellowship, St. Vincent's University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr Barret's research interests are in both the clinical and experimental (pre-clinical) fields.
He is currently engaged in collaboration with researchers in MIT on a project for enhanced mapping of ventricular arrhythmias. He also has collaborated with other researchers in Massachusetts General Hospital on projects involving localization and characterization of the scar involved in ventricular tachycardia, which can lead to sudden death. He also has been researched the feasibility of a novel pacing strategy for heart failure. Other research interests include novel and emerging technologies for catheter and balloon-based ablation. Dr Barrett is also an investigator for many multi-center studies involving ablation technologies and strategies, and also novel device technologies.