A Message to Our Patients
We know that medical imaging is important to patient care, and we are committed to safely imaging patients with many different conditions, including those related to COVID-19.
Your safety is our number one priority, and we are here for you. We have taken measures to ensure that both our patients and our staff are safe.
Below are the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions during the pandemic. You can also call Central Scheduling Office at 617-726-9729 if you have any questions about your appointment.
Is Mass General Imaging seeing general patients who are not COVID-19 positive?
Yes, we continue to provide all imaging services for patients whose conditions require diagnostic imaging to make active treatment decisions in the outpatient and inpatient settings. Due to COVID-19, some hours of operation may change so that we can allow for safe distancing and minimize wait times. Please visit our locations pages for the latest information.
How is COVID care provided at Mass General Imaging?
In the outpatient setting, imaging for COVID-19 positive patients or patients who have symptoms that are consistent with COVID-19 may be seen in a Routine Ambulatory Care for COVID clinic (RAC-C) or other area that has been established to care for this patient population. Staff in these units have access to the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including N95 respirators, gowns, gloves, and eye protection. Staff receive training in the use of PPE and other infection control practices to keep you safe. All locations where COVID care is provided have been approved by the hospital’s Infection Control Unit.
What is Mass General doing to protect patients, visitors, and employees?
Your safety is our top priority. Many additional safety measures, as recommended by public health authorities, have been implemented, including:
- All patients, visitors and employees wear hospital-issued masks while on hospital premises.
- Modifications to our common spaces have been made to allow for physical distancing or when not possible, development of workflows to minimize density of patients, visitors, and employees.
- Employees are screened for symptoms each day before being allowed to enter the hospital including our imaging locations.
- Patients and visitors are screened for symptoms prior to arrival when scheduled and upon arrival regardless of pre-visit screening.
- Departments are working under specific infection control plans for evaluation and management of patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- We are using tele-health and tele-work when appropriate to promote physical distancing.
Can I get medical imaging without going into Mass General?
Yes, depending on your personal needs and preferences, you may have the option to visit one of our community-based locations. You and your referring provider determine which location is best for your specific situation and needs.
At this time, Mass General Imaging in Danvers, Waltham and Chelsea have not implemented processes to image COVID-19 positive patients or patients who have symptoms that are consistent with COVID-19.