Physical & Occupational Therapy
Mass General Waltham
52 Second Avenue, Blue Building, Suite 3300
Waltham, MA 02451
Conditions We Treat
- Cancer-related conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Neurologic conditions and movement disorders
- Sports injuries
- Physical trauma
- Vestibular and balance disorders
- Women’s health problems
- Work injuries
Appointments & Insurance
What to Expect at Your First Appointment
As a new patient, you’ll receive a thorough exam to identify the source of your pain or dysfunction.
After your exam, your therapist will work with you to develop goals for your physical or occupational therapy and design a plan of care to restore you to your highest level of mobility and function for work, recreation and all of the activities of daily living.
Patient and family education and ongoing communication with your physician are priorities for our therapists. If you have questions about any aspect of your physical or occupational therapy treatment plan, please don't hesitate to ask your therapist, who will be happy to discuss your care with you.
Your First Visit
Your first visit with a physical or occupational therapist may last for up to one hour. Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out insurance and medical history paperwork.
You may be asked to change into a hospital gown or shorts for the examination and treatment. If you prefer, you may bring your own shorts to physical therapy.
After the examination, your therapist will develop a plan of care to meet your individualized goals and establish how often and for how long physical or occupational therapy may be indicated. This is a collaborative process and your input will be integrated into the plan.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
Please bring the following to each appointment:
- Photo ID
- Mass General Medical Record Number
- Current insurance card
- Insurance co-pays
- Prescription signed by your referring physician (first visit only)
Canceling Your Appointment
It is important for you to keep scheduled appointments to achieve the best possible outcome. Should you need to cancel an appointment, please call our front desk at 781-487-3800 as soon as possible so we can offer the appointment to another patient.
If your insurance requires you to obtain authorization from your primary care physician, it is your responsibility to contact the doctor's office and obtain this information in advance of your first visit.
If you have any questions about your insurance coverage, contact your insurance carrier or a Mass General physical therapy insurance coordinator at 617-643-6234.
Motor Vehicle Injuries
If your injury is related to a motor vehicle accident, please contact the Mass General Registration and Referral Center at 866-211-6588 with the name of the insurance company that should be billed for your treatment.
If your injury is work related, please bring your worker's compensation information and contact telephone numbers.
Map & Details
Parking: Mass General Waltham offers ample free parking.
From Mass Pike West (From Boston):
Take Exit 15 and follow instructions below for Route 95/128 Northbound.
From Mass Pike East (From Framingham / Natick):
Take Exit 14 and follow instructions below for Route 95/128 Northbound.
From Route 95/128 Northbound:
- Take Exit 27B (Exit 27A–B – Totten Pond Road/3rd Avenue)
- Follow signs for Exit 27B, going underneath the bridge and exiting right to follow Winter Street/Totten Pond Road
- Bear right off the exit, then right over the highway
- Proceed straight through the first lights, and left through the second set of lights. The Embassy Suites should now be on your right
- Stay in the right lane and follow signs that state: Second Ave/Bear Hill Road
- Turn right and then turn left into the parking garage of the P.A.R.C. Building
From Route 95/128 Southbound:
- Take Exit 27B (Winter St. Waltham) and bear right off the exit
- Proceed straight through the first lights and left through the second set. Embassy Suites should now be on your right
- Stay in the right lane and follow the signs: Second Ave / Bear Hill Road
- Turn right and then left into the parking lot of the P.A.R.C. Building
From Route 93 North or South:
Take the Route 95/128 south exit and take Exit 27B - Winter St.
Physical & Occupational Therapy at Mass General
Mass General offers progressive, evidence-based, patient-centered physical and occupational therapy, at the leading edge of occupational therapy and physical therapy science. Learn more about what we can do for you.