Researchers make key discovery related to the allergic immune response.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- M.D.; Ph.D., Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Allergy & Immunology, American Board of Allergy and Immunology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Using the tools of cellular immunology, my laboratory seeks to elucidate the cellular and molecular mechanisms behind the innate immune control of allergic disease. We study the ways that allergens are sensed by the body via both immune cells and sensory neurons, and how this sensing leads to activation of allergic immune responses. Furthermore,with the goal of identifying novel therapeutics to treat allergic inflammatory disorders, we are interested in identifying novel accessory cells and signals involved in the initiation of allergic immunity.