Inpatient Services Only
Boston, MAPhone: 617-743-0604
About Cynthia Cooper, MD
Cynthia Cooper, MD attended Wellesley College and worked as a healthcare consultant in Chicago prior to entering Harvard Medical School. She completed her Internal Medicine training at Mass General in 2002 and spent a year working as an ER physician at Cottage Hospital on Nantucket Island.She was Chief Medical Resident at Mass General from 2003-2004 and then completed a fellowship in Nephrology at Mass General and Brigham and Women's Hospital prior to joining the Inpatient Clinician Educator Service, the primary teaching service for the Internal Medicine Residency at Mass General.In addition to her teaching and clinical responsibilities at MGH, Dr. Cooper is involved in medical student education in all years at Harvard Medical School (HMS). She has served as core faculty teaching Renal physiology to first year HMS students, she helped design and directed the Transition to the Principal Clinical Experience course for all HMS students starting their core clinical rotations, she serves as a tutor in The Developing Physician, a case-based course for HMS clinical clerks exploring the emotions, values, beliefs, cultural norms and conflicts inherent in the daily work of physicians, and has been a yearly lecturer in the Capstone course, an intensive review of clinical skills for graduating 4th year HMS students.Dr. Cooper was a Harvard Medical School Academy Fellow in Medical Education from 2011-2012. She was awarded the 2014 Donald O'Hara Faculty Prize for Excellence in Teaching in Years 1 and 2 at Harvard Medical School. She received the HMS Faculty Award for Best Clinical Instructor at Massachusetts General Hospital, presented by the Harvard Medical School Class of 2015.
- Hospital Medicine
- Nephrology in hospital medicine
Mass General Medicine Unit
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's/Massachusetts General Joint Nephrology Fellowship
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
Dementia Care Collaborative
Teaching new ways to understand dementia, how to communicate and partner with those with dementia and offer support and guidance for caregivers.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings