Inpatient Services Only
About Douglas Wright, MD, PhD
Douglas Wright, MD, PhD is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School (HMS), and has been a member of the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Core Educator Faculty (formerly called the Inpatient Clinician Educator Service) since 2005. Dr. Wright grew up on Long Island, studied biology at Harvard as an undergraduate, and completed medical school and a PhD in stem cell biology in Irving Weissman's lab at Stanford before internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the MGH. In addition to teaching and mentoring residents, Dr. Wright is actively involved in medical student education and directs biweekly case conferences for HMS third-year students who are at MGH. He is also directs the Medicine Consult Service at MGH. In his role as a clinician educator, Dr. Wright attends for five months per year on inpatient medical services, where he focuses on physical diagnosis, bedside teaching, diagnostic reasoning, and perioperative medicine.
- Hospital Medicine
- M.D.; Ph.D., Stanford University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
Dementia Care Collaborative
Teaching new ways to understand dementia, how to communicate and partner with those with dementia and offer support and guidance for caregivers.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings