Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Gastroenterology Assoc/Digestive Health Center
165 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General GI at Mass General/North Shore Center
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923
- MPH, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- MD, UT Southwestern Medical School
- Residency, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
I am interested in clinical and translational research in the field of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Specifically, my research interests are to better understand and define environmental factors, particularly dietary, reproductive, and lifestyle factors, and their interplay with common genetic risk loci and gut microbial environment on risk and progression of IBD.
- Khalili H, Hunag ES, Jacobson BC, et. al.. A Prospective Cohort Study of Proton Pump Inhibitors Use and Risk of Hip Fracture in Relation to Dietary and Lifestyle Factors. BMJ. 2012;344.
- Khalili H, Huang ES, Giovannucci EL, et. al.. A Prospective Study of Bisphosphonate Use and Risk of Colorectal Cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2012 Sep 10;30(26):3229-33.
- Khalili H, Higuchi L, Huang ES, et. al.. Geographic latitude and Risk of Crohn's and ulcerative colitis: Results from two large prospective cohorts of women. Gut. 2012 Dec; 61 (12): 1686-92.
- Khalili H, Higuchi L, Ananthakrishnan AN, et. al.. Hormone Therapy Increases Risk of Ulcerative Colitis but not Crohn's Disease Gastroenterology. 2012 Nov;143(5):1199-206.
- Khalili H, Higuchi LM, Ananthakrishnan AN, et. al.. Oral contraceptives, reproductive factors and risk of inflammatory bowel disease Gut. 2013. Aug;62(8):1153-9.
- Khalili H, Higuchi LM, Ananthakrishnan AN, et. al.. Early life factors and risk of inflammatory bowel disease. Inflammatory Bowel Disease. 2013 Mar;19(3):542-7.
- Khalili H, Ananthakrishnan AN, Konijeti GG, et. al. Physical activity and risk of inflammatory bowel disease: prospective study from the Nurses' Health Study cohorts. BMJ. 2013. 2013; 347.