In this video, Paul Biddinger, MD, director of the Center for Disaster Medicine, and Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH, chief of Infectious Diseases, answer questions about COVID-19.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Infectious Disease Associates
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Infectious Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Rochelle Walensky is Co-Director of the Medical Practice Evaluation Center and, within that Center, is the Director of the Program in Epidemiology and Outcomes Research in Infectious Diseases.
Dr. Walensky's HIV-related research interests include the promotion of routine HIV counseling, testing and referral and the economic evaluation of alternative HIV testing and treatment policies. Dr. Walensky has published work on the impact of routine HIV screening, on the clinical and cost-effectiveness of HIV vaccines of varying efficacies, on the impact of generic antiretroviral, and on the preventive impact of early antiretroviral therapy. Her research is conducted both in the US and abroad.
Current projects include: 1) An analysis of the economic impact of economic incentives to promote ART retention; 2) the years of life saved associated with ART in South Africa; and 3) the development of and HIV testing program in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa and in a refugee setting in Uganda.
Within the Program in Epidemiology and Outcomes Research in Infectious Diseases, Dr. Walensky has expanded her research portfolio to include a clinical trial of documenting MRSA clearance; the cost-effectiveness of diagnostic strategies to remove of MRSA/VRE-related contact precautions; and resource utilization associated with antibiotic allergies. She welcomes the opportunity to expand clinical research within general infectious diseases.
- Walensky RP, Sax PE, Nakamura YM, Weinstein MC, Pei PP, Freedberg KA, Paltiel AD, Schackman BR. Economic savings versus health losses: the cost-effectiveness of generic antiretroviral therapy in the United States. Ann Intern Med. 2013 Jan 15; 158(2):84-92.
- Walensky RP, Ross EL, Kumarasamy N, Wood R, Noubary F, Nakamura YM, Godbole SV, Panchia R, Sanne I, Weinstein MC, Losina E, Mayer KH, Chen YQ, Want L, McCauley M, Gamble T, Seage GR, Cohen MS, Freedberg KA. The cost-effectiveness of HIV treatment as prevention: analysis of HPTN 052. N Eng J Med. 2013; 369(18):1715?1725.
- Mar | 23 | 2020
En este video, Paul Biddinger, MD, y Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH, responden a las preguntas más frecuentes sobre el COVID-19 para aclarar un poco la naturaleza del virus y cómo puede protegerse a sí mismo y a sus seres queridos.
- Mar | 23 | 2020
在此视频中，美国麻省总医院医学中心主任Paul Biddinger医师和传染病科主任医师Rochelle Walensky医师回答了有关COVID-19的常见问题，以进一步阐明病毒的性质以及如何保护自己和亲人。
- Aug | 18 | 2017
Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH, co-director of the MGH Medical Practice Evaluation Center, has been named chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases, effective Sept. 5. She will succeed Stephen Calderwood, MD, who has guided the division for 27 years.
- Jan | 23 | 2019
In this episode of the Charged podcast, Dr. Walensky discusses how she has worked to help expand access to care for HIV patients, through her research and her willingness to understand patients’ struggles.