About Global TravEpiNet
Global TravEpiNet is a national network of travel clinics aimed at improving the health of those who travel internationally.
Global TravEpiNet has created a series of web-based tools for travelers and healthcare providers.
Travelers' Rapid Health Information Portal (TRhIP)
A tool for travelers to prepare for trips abroad.
Pre-Travel Providers' Rapid Evaluation Portal (Pre-Travel PREP)
A tool for healthcare providers providing pre-travel health advice to an international traveler.
Heading Home Healthy
A program supported by Global TravEpiNet, Massachusetts General Hospital and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help travelers stay healthy when they are returning home to visit friends and relatives.
Healthy Travel Habits
How to stay healthy during a trip overseas.
Healthy Travel Checklist
A video about how to prepare for a healthy international trip.
Heading Home Healthy
A short video about the Heading Home Healthy program.
General Advice for Travelers
- Safe and Healthy International Travel (JAMA)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism
- Food Poisoning from Marine Toxins
- Injuries and Safety
- Medical Tourism
- Mental Health and Travel
- Natural Disasters
- Obtaining Health Care Abroad for the Ill Traveler
- Counterfeit Drugs
- Problems with Heat and Cold
- Protection Against Mosquitoes, Ticks, and Other Insects and Arthropods
- Scuba Diving
- Travel Health Kits
- Travel Insurance and Evacuation Insurance
- Water Disinfection for Travelers
International Travel with Infants and Children
- International Adoptions
- Travel and Breastfeeding
- Traveling Safely with Infants and Children
- Vaccine Recommendations for Infants and Children
Travelers with Specific Needs
- Advice for Air Crews
- Business Travelers
- Health Care Workers, Including Public Health Researchers and Medical Laboratorians
- Humanitarian Aid Workers
- US Military Deployments
- Long-Term Travelers and Expatriates
- Travelers with Disabilities
- Travelers with Chronic Medical Illnesses
- Immunocompromised Travelers
- Pregnant Travelers
- VFRs: Immigrants Returning Home to Visit Friends and Relatives