Sexual Health Clinic
Explore This Clinic
News and Updates
A message to our patients:
We remain committed to serving you in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our clinic remains open. However, in order to prevent COVID-19 transmission in our clinic, we have taken the following steps.
- At both Boston and Chelsea locations, patients will be seen by appointment only. No walk-in visits will be possible. To request an appointment, please call 617-726-2748. Same-day or next-day appointments are often possible.
- Appointments are available Monday through Friday. Please call for current availability.
- Appointments will be staggered it avoid crowding in our waiting room.
- While many sexual health concerns require an in-person visit with a clinician, some may be addressed over the phone. If you think your concern can be addressed over the phone, please call 617-726-2748 and ask to be connected to a clinic nurse.
About the Program
For more than 60 years, the Sexual Health Clinic at Massachusetts General Hospital has provided screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections. Services are provided in a confidential setting by a professional staff trained in the area of sexually transmitted infections. Insurance is not required, and everyone is welcome.
The Sexual Health Clinic offers the following services:
- Evaluation and treatment for sexually transmitted infection including: chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, genital herpes infections (HSV), genital warts - Human papilloma virus (HPV), molluscum, scabies and vaginitis
- Testing for the human immunodeficiency virus infection (HIV)
- Initiation of PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for HIV)
- Counseling on prevention of HIV infection
- Testing for Hepatitis C
- Information and literature regarding sexually transmitted infections and safer sex practices