Dr. Babitt studies how cells and organisms regulate their iron content, and how this process goes awry in many common diseases.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Richard B. Simches Research Center
185 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Nephrology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Babitt's research focuses on the molecular mechanisms of systemic iron balance. She has made important contributions toward understanding the pathogenesis of iron homeostasis disorders including the anemia of chronic kidney disease and the iron overload disorder hereditary hemochromatosis, and she was the 2009 recipient of a Marcel Simon Award for Excellence in the Research of Genetic Hemochromatosis by the International BioIron Society.