Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-5050
About Andrew Fenves, MD
Andrew Fenves, MD, was born in Budapest, Hungary and came to the United States as a teenager. He completed his undergraduate studies in Mathematics at Stanford University, and obtained his medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. He spent two years at Washington University in St. Louis in internal medicine training, and then moved back to Dallas to finish his residency and complete a renal fellowship at Baylor University Medical Center.
Dr. Fenves was in private practice in nephrology for the next 29 years. He was also involved in the internal medicine residency program at Baylor University Medical center for over 23 years. During this time he pursued his academic interests by publishing more than 100 articles and book chapters, participating in clinical research projects, and teaching medical students, residents and renal fellows. He was on the clinical faculty at UT Southwestern Medical School since 1986. In 2001, he became the Director of the Renal Division at Baylor, and in 2006 restarted the renal fellowship program at that institution. He received multiple teaching awards during his tenure at Baylor.
In 2013, he came to Mass General and joined the Inpatient Clinician Educator Service to continue to pursue his passion for teaching and mentoring interns, residents and younger faculty members. He is currently an Associate Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. He divides his time between the Core Educator Faculty and the Division of Nephrology. His academic interests include clinical nephrology, hypertension, and clinical teaching and education at all levels.
- Acute Renal Failure
- Chronic renal failure
- General internal medicine
Mass General Renal Associates
165 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, UT Southwestern Medical School
- Residency, Barnes Jewish Hospital
- Residency, Baylor University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Baylor University Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Nephrology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
Dementia Care Collaborative
Teaching new ways to understand dementia, how to communicate and partner with those with dementia and offer support and guidance for caregivers.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings