Cory Perugino, DO
Cory Perugino, DO
Assistant in Medicine Massachusetts General Hospital
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-7938
About Cory Perugino, DO
After my clinical training in internal medicine at the Cleveland Clinic, it was through formative mentorship during my sub-specialty training in rheumatology at the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) that I understood the need for expanding our knowledge as it relates to immune-mediated diseases (i.e. autoimmune disease). In collaboration with Dr. Stone and Dr. Wallace in our Autoimmune Center of Excellence in IgG4-related disease (IgG4-RD), while continuing to see patients with rheumatologic disease, I joined the laboratory of Dr. Shiv Pillai at the Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT and Harvard. Since 2015, I have primarily been in the laboratory setting pursuing research studies using samples donated by patients that our group evaluates in the rheumatology unit at MGH. Over this time, I have developed interest in understanding and exploring the immune mechanisms and proteins being targeted by the immune response across a collection of diseases including IgG4-RD, systemic sclerosis (SSc, scleroderma), sarcoidosis and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). All of these conditions share the common denominators of inflammation and fibrosis and an aim of my current endeavors is to compare and contrast the immune response across these disease states. This research has been funded by the Rheumatology Research Foundation through their Scientist Development Award and the Scleroderma Foundation's New Investigator grant.
- ANCA-associated vasculitis
- Gout and pseudogout
- IgG4-related systemic disease
Mass General Rheumatology
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- DO, Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residency, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Rheumatology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
Dementia Care Collaborative
Teaching new ways to understand dementia, how to communicate and partner with those with dementia and offer support and guidance for caregivers.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings