Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Neurology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- PhD, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- MD, University of Iowa College of Medicine
- Residency, University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
American Board Certifications
- Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr Hyman's research focuses on Alzheimer Disease and Lewy Body Dementias, spanning patient care, diagnostic and therapeutic issues, and neuropathology. He also directs a basic science program dedicated to understanding the underlying biology of dementias, how genetic risk factors impact the diease, and how to develop new therapies that may help patients.
(selected from >500 papers and chapters
1. de Calignon A, et al Casapse activation precedes and leads to tangles. Nature 2010 Apr 22;464(7292):1201-4
15. Serrano-Pozo A, et al Beneficial effect of human anti-amyloid-beta active immunization on neurite morphology and tau pathology. Brain. 2010 May;133(Pt 5):1312-27.