Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- PhD, University of Oxford - Wadham College
- MBBS, University of Sydney School of Public Health
- Residency, Concord Hospital
- Residency, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellowship, Balgrist Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Kwon is dedicated to investigating orthopaedic problems and finding solutions that achieve the best outcome for his patients. He has more than 160 peer-reviewed publications. Dr. Kwon's expertise in hip and knee replacements is recognized with invited presentations at national and international scientific meetings. For Dr. Kwon's research investigating adverse reactions in metal-on-metal joint replacements, he has received the Kappa Delta Award from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS). Since their inception in 1947, the Kappa Delta Awards are bestowed by the Academy for outstanding research in orthopaedic surgery that is of the highest significance and impact. Additionally, Dr. Kwon was awarded the prestigious John Charnley Award from The Hip Society.
Dr. Kwon is the Director of the Bioengineering Laboratory as well as the Mass General Center for Metal-on-Metal Hip & Tribocorrosion Evaluation & Treatment.
- Kwon YM, Della Valle C, Lombardi A, Garbuz D, Berry J, Jacobs JJ. Risk Stratification Algorithm for Management of Head-Neck Taper Tribocorrosion in Patients with Metal-on-Polyethylene Total Hip Arthroplasty: Consensus Statement of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and The Hip Society J Bone Joint Surg 2021; 103(5).
- Klemt C, Bounajem G, Tirumala V, Xiong L, Padmanabha A, Kwon YM. Three-Dimensional Kinematic Analysis of Dislocation Mechanism in Dual Mobility Total Hip Arthroplasty Constructs. J Orthop Res 2020.
- Klemt C, Limmahakhun S, Bounajem G, Xiong L, Yeo I, Kwon YM.Effect of postural changes on in vivo pelvic tilt and functional component anteversion in total hip arthroplasty patients with lumbar disc degenerations. Bone Joint J 2020; 102(11):1505-1510.
- Kwon YM, Arauz P, Peng Y, Klemt C. In vivo kinematics of deep lunges and sit-to-stand activities in patients with bicruciate-retaining total knee arthroplasty. Bone Joint J 2020; 102(6):59-65.