Dr. Mitchel Harris, chief of Orthopaedic Surgery, was awarded the A. Clifford Barger Excellence in Mentoring Award from Harvard Medical School.
Mitchel Harris, MD
Mitchel Harris, MD
Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon
Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care, Suite 3C
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Illinois College of Medicine
- MD, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
- Residency, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- Residency, Sunnybrook & Women's College Health Sciences Centre
- Fellowship, Queen's Medical Centre
- Fellowship, University of Toronto, Sunnybrook Health Science Center
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Outcomes of the Management of Spinal Disorders: Operative and Nonoperative
- Fracture Management and Outcomes
- Outcomes of Geriatric Spinal Fracture Management
- Osteomyelitis at the Cellular Level
- Stem Cell Augmentation of Fracture Healing
- Leonard DA, Schoenfeld AJ, Harris MB, Bono CM. The prognostic value of preoperative participation in activities of daily living on postoperative outcomes following lumbar discectomy. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2017 Apr; 155:40-44.
- Gitajn IL, Heng M, Weaver MJ, Casemyr N, May C, Vrahas MS, Harris MB. Mortality Following Surgical Management of Vancouver B Periprosthetic Fractures. J Orthop Trauma. 2017 Jan; 31(1):9-14.
- Paulino Pereira NR, Langerhuizen DW, Janssen SJ, Hornicek FJ, Ferrone ML, Harris MB, Schwab JH. Are perioperative allogeneic blood transfusions associated with 90-days infection after operative treatment for bone metastases? J Surg Oncol. 2016 Dec; 114(8):997-1003.
- Bono CM, Leonard DA, Cha TD, Schwab JH, Wood KB, Harris MB, Schoenfeld AJ. The effect of short (2-weeks) versus long (6-weeks) post-operative restrictions following lumbar discectomy: a prospective randomized control trial. Eur Spine J. 2017 Mar; 26(3):905-912.
- Sep | 29 | 2017
The MGH Department of Orthopaedic Surgery will soon welcome a new leader. With more than 25 years of academic and clinical experience in Orthopaedic Surgery, Mitchel Harris, MD, has been named the department’s new chief, effective Oct. 1.
- Oct | 30 | 2017
Mitchel B. Harris, MD, has been named chief of the Department of Orthopaedics at Massachusetts General Hospital, effective October 1, 2017.