Mark Fleming, DO, FAAOS, FAOAO, a new orthopaedic trauma surgeon in Massachusetts General Hospital's Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, is a retired Captain from the United States Navy with expertise in trauma surgery, combat medicine and amputation.
Mark Fleming, DO
Mark Fleming, DO
Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon
Member of the Faculty, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Orthopaedics: Trauma Service
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Building for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- DO, Michigan State University
- Residency, Mount Clemens Medical Center
- Fellowship, Regions Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Fleming's research interest focuses on the prevention and management of trauma related musculoskeletal infections, developing strategies to address composite tissue injuries to the extremities and diagnostic modalities used in orthopedic trauma patient management.
See my complete list of publications.
- Erdman MK, Gibbs SJ, Tucker DW, Lee AK, Fleming ME, Marecek GS. Radiographic detection of lateral plateau involvement in medial tibial plateau fractures (AO/OTA 41-B1.2, 1.3, 3.2 and 3.3). Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2021 Sep 23.
- Erdman MK, Munger AM, Brown M, Schellenberg M, Tucker D, Inaba K, Fleming ME, Marecek GS. Injury and treatment patterns of ballistic pelvic fractures by anatomic location. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2021 Jan;31(1):111-119.
- Gibbs S, Carney J, Erdman MK, Telis A, Lee AK, Fleming ME, Lee J, White E, Marecek GS. Standard Versus Low-Dose Computed Tomography for Assessment of Acetabular Fracture Reduction. J Orthop Trauma. 2020 Sep;34(9):462-468.
- Kabirian N, Jiang D, Fleming CME, Marecek GS. Restoring Condylar Width: Radiographic Relationship Between the Lateral Tibial Plateau and Lateral Femoral Condyle in Normal Adult Knees. J Orthop Trauma. 2019 Apr;33(4):180-184.
- Rodriguez CJ, Tribble DR, Malone DL, Murray CK, Jessie EM, Khan M, Fleming ME, Potter BK, Gordon WT, Shackelford SA. Treatment of Suspected Invasive Fungal Infection in War Wounds. Mil Med. 2018 Sep 1;183(suppl_2):142-146.
- Donohoe S, Alluri RK, Hill JR, Fleming M, Tan E, Marecek G. Impact of Computed Tomography on Operative Planning for Ankle Fractures Involving the Posterior Malleolus. Foot Ankle Int. 2017 Dec;38(12):1337-1342.