Patient Ratings of Mass General DoctorsOur online doctors listing includes outpatient patient ratings and comments about our doctors.
About Our Rating ProcessWe survey all patients who have outpatient visits at Mass General using an electronic survey from NRC. Patients receive a survey (via text, email or phone call) after their visit with a Mass General doctor. The patient comments posted online come from the part of the survey that asks about the experience of care by that doctor.
We screen our comments for the criteria listed below. We maintain our patient’s confidentiality, and do not otherwise verify or edit the subjective comments for content.
Before patient ratings are posted, a doctor must have:
- Ratings from 20 patients in the past 12 months
Before patient comments are posted, a doctor must have:
- 5 comments from patients in the last 12 months
A patient comment will NOT be posted if the comment has:
- Offensive language- profanity, discriminatory language, personal attacks or threats.
- Protected health information (PHI), that is, personal information about a patient.
- Comments unrelated to the patient experience - eg. Comments about the survey.
A doctor may have no ratings available for one of the following reasons:
- The doctor does not have enough returned patient satisfaction surveys. We call for at least 20 completed surveys on an individual doctor before the ratings and comments will be turned on.
- The doctor does not see patients in the outpatient setting.
A doctor may have no comments available for one of the following reasons:
- The doctor has not met our minimum number of 5 comments
- The doctor has not met our minimum number of 20 ratings
- The doctor does not see patients in the outpatient setting