Massachusetts General Hospital specialists provide second opinions to patients and health care providers, without the need to travel to Boston.
Mass General collaborates with Grand Rounds, a leading digital health care company, to offer online second opinions from Mass General doctors in virtually every medical specialty. Receiving a second opinion can reassure you about a challenging diagnosis, or help you plan the most appropriate course of treatment.
Why Get an Online Second Opinion
- Assurance: Many cases reviewed result in a change of treatment plan for complex diagnoses
- Convenience: Receive a second opinion from an expert at Massachusetts General Hospital without traveling to Boston
- Hassle-free: Grand Rounds works with your local health team to compile your medical records and testing
- Speed: Comprehensive, expert-backed opinions are provided within two weeks of receiving records
How it Works
- Create a Grand Rounds account: Here you will provide information about your condition and specify the questions you'd Mass General specialists to answer
- Grand Rounds contacts your doctors: Grand Rounds medical professionals will contact your local primary care doctor or other health care providers to collect your medical records and any test results or medical imaging you have had done. These materials will be provided to the Mass General specialist who will review your case
- Receive your opinion: Once your medical records have been collected, you and your local physician will receive your detailed second opinion report within two weeks. Grand Rounds staff will follow up with you to answer any questions
Request an Online Second Opinion
Click here to request an online second opinion from a specialist at Mass General.Note: At this time, due to regulatory constraints we cannot provide online second opinions to patients living in Alabama, Alaska, Iowa, Maine, New Mexico, Tennessee, Texas and Wyoming. If you live in one of these states and would like to schedule an in-person appointment at Mass General, please contact the clinical department directly. A list of departments can be found here.