When George Perrone felt a sudden, sharp pain in his abdomen, he came to Massachusetts General Hospital. Upon consultation, he was informed that he not only need to undergo treatment for an inguinal hernia, but also for stage 1 lung cancer.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Division of Thoracic Surgery
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), American Board of Thoracic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Muniappan A and Mathisen D, "The Management of Acquired Esophageal Respiratory Tract Fistula," in Current Surgical Therapy, Tenth Edition, Edited by Cameron J, In press 2010
- Muniappan A and Mathisen D, "Surgery of the Trachea and Bronchi in the Elderly" in Cardiothoracic Surgery in the Elderly, Edited by Katlic M, In press 2010