Our employees have access to additional resources, including a range of virtual support tools, services, and programs (log-in required).
This recipe makes a delicious side dish to any meal and only requires a few ingredients. Swap out your usual side salad for these dressed-up Brussels sprouts, a cruciferous vegetable that may aid in reducing cancer risk and improve cancer survival.
Grocery Shopping List
- Brussels sprouts
- Pantry ingredients: olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, pepper
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, sliced thin or shredded using a food processor
- 2 leeks (slice the white part thinly)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- ½ tsp pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add leeks and cook until vibrant and tender (about 8-10 minutes)
- Add the Brussels sprouts into the same pan and cook until tender
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small mason jar or covered container and shake well
- Pour the dressing over your cooked veggies and toss until coated
- Serve and enjoy!
- 6 servings
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
- Calories: 141 calories
- Protein: 3 g
- Sodium: 126 mg
- Carbohydrate: 9 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Sat Fat: 2 g
Recipe by Alyssa Tisdale, Dietetic Intern
- Sep | 30 | 2021
Blum Center Program: Removing Barriers While Remaining Resilient in One’s Recovery During Uncertain Times
In this program from September 30, 2021, our recovery coaches review the tools they used for themselves and their participants to help them maintain their recovery. They also share lessons learned through the COVID-19 pandemic in recovery resilience and how they can be applied to uncertain times.
- Aug | 4 | 2021
After more than a year of working from home, many people face the prospect of going back to the office. Soo Jeong Youn, PhD, talks through a few strategies to help make the transition back to the office a bit easier.
- May | 28 | 2021
Michelle Rex Murphy, MS, OTR/L, CEAS, REAS, ergonomics specialist for Mass General Brigham, shares these quick stretches to do throughout the day.
- May | 7 | 2021
Soo Jeong Youn, PhD, nos habla de algunas situaciones que pueden ser fuente de estrés y de lo que se puede hacer para facilitar la transición a la vida después del COVID.
- May | 7 | 2021
Nurses can be many things to their patients. A caregiver. A friend. A warrior. A lifesaver. A companion. An inspiration. For Megan Buckley, RN, and her father, Frank Buckley, nurses are all these things.