It's easy to forget, but walking is a critical part of living a healthy, active lifestyle. By completing a certain number of steps every day, you can make noticeable improvements to your physical and mental health.
Quinoa Parsley Salad
Yield: 4 servings
- Boil water and quinoa in a medium saucepan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper together in a small bowl while the quinoa is cooking
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and place it in a bowl
- Add the parsley, celery, onion and apricots
- Toss with lemon juice dressing to coat and top with the pumpkin seeds
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 33 grams
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 160 milligrams
Fiber: 4 grams
Saturated fat: 1 gram
This article originally appeared on MGHBeFit.com, an employee wellness program sponsored by MGH Nutrition and Food Services.
- Patient Education
- Dec | 16 | 2019
One in three women struggles with a pelvic floor disorder, but many do not seek treatment. Learn more about these disorders.
- Dec | 10 | 2019
Enjoy this healthy recipe for an innovative salad that is quick and easy to prepare.
- Nov | 12 | 2019
About half of women who have been through menopause suffer from vaginal dryness or discomfort, which can interfere with their ability to enjoy sex. The women's health experts at Massachusetts General Hospital have published research showing that safe, effective treatments can make a big difference.
- Nov | 4 | 2019
The Mass General Diabetes Center and AllWays Health Partners are pleased to announce an exciting new program, the PATH TO LIFESTYLE CHANGE.
- Press Release
- Oct | 15 | 2019
A team led by Massachusetts General Hospital researchers report that mindfulness meditation appears to help extinguish fearful associations.