About the Mass General Cancer Center
Contact the Mass General Cancer Center
Contact us to make an appointment or to learn more about our programs.
Mass General Cancer Center, a member of Mass General Brigham, is an integral part of one of the world’s most distinguished academic medical centers and is consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top cancer centers in the country.
Our mission is to advance knowledge and rapidly translate discovery into exceptional, personalized cancer care for our patients.
Experts Specialized in Your Type of Cancer
Mass General Cancer Center is at the forefront in providing specialized, coordinated cancer care and includes over 500 dedicated cancer specialists and more than 30 multidisciplinary disease centers and programs.
Our doctors are experienced in treating the rarest and most complex cases using the latest advancements in technology to provide personalized and innovative care.
- Mass General Cancer Center treats both adults and children, including those with rare tumors of the brain, liver, pancreas, bone and gastrointestinal tract.
- Our renowned, experienced surgeons perform a high volume of advanced procedures for both common and rare cancers.
- Our radiation oncologists are leaders in developing and implementing some of the most innovative and effective radiation therapies in the world.
Compassionate Team-Based and Personalized Care
We coordinate our patients' care through specialized clinical centers and programs, ensuring that every patient benefits from a team of specialists who focus on their particular type of cancer. Along with our partners in radiation oncology and surgery, our multidisciplinary group of cancer experts develops and implements a personalized care plan for each patient.
- Our sub-specialized clinical teams provide patients with an individualized treatment plan based on a comprehensive evaluation during a patient’s first appointment.
- We recognize that exceptional care begins with exceptional nurses and caregivers. Mass General was the first hospital in Massachusetts to receive Magnet nursing status from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Our expert diagnostics, subspecialties of pathologists and the most advanced imaging technology, provide valuable information on cancer subtypes and extent of disease that is used to personalize a patient’s care.
- Our patients and families have access to a vast network of support services, including disease-specific support groups, a psychiatric oncology center, free education and wellness services, palliative care, and parent and sibling support groups.
Access to the Latest Treatments and Technologies
Mass General Cancer Center offers patients novel therapies and technologies that are frequently not available elsewhere, including:
- Proton Therapy: Mass General has the only proton therapy site in New England, with two proton therapy centers.
- CAR T-Cell Therapy: Mass General Cancer Center is an authorized treatment center for several FDA approved CAR T-cell therapies.
- Targeted Therapies: The Termeer Center for Targeted Therapies provides patients with access to early phase clinical trials of novel targeted therapies and immunotherapies.
The Cancer Center’s commitment to eradicating cancer is fueled by scientific investigation conducted as part of one of the largest hospital-based research programs in the nation. Through a powerful synergy between laboratory scientists and bedside physicians, the Mass General Cancer Center fosters innovation in all phases of cancer research. Physician investigators conduct nearly 500 clinical trials annually. These clinical trials have led to the approval of approximately 25 anti-cancer drugs in the last 10 years.
Mass General Cancer Center is proud to be a founding member of a Harvard Medical School consortium designated by the National Cancer Institute as a comprehensive cancer center. This prestigious seven-member center forms the largest cancer research collaboration in the country. The promising new treatments developed through this partnership are revolutionizing the future of cancer medicine.
A Large Network of Community Locations
Our network of locations extends throughout New England and provides patients with comprehensive, community-based cancer care plus access to the expertise of world-renowned cancer sub-specialists. To find cancer care near you, visit our community locations page.
Leaders in Proton Therapy
Mass General has the only proton therapy site in all of New England, with two proton therapy centers.
Center for Cancer Research
The scientific engine for discovery for the Mass General Cancer Center.
Support the Mass General Cancer Center
Your gift will open new doors in outstanding patient care, research, clinical education and community outreach.
Contact the Mass General Cancer Center to make an appointment or learn more about our programs.