Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Center for Breast Cancer
55 Fruit St
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Mass General Waltham
52 Second Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
- MD, Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine
- Residency, San Diego Medical Center
- Residency, University of California San Diego Medical Center
- Fellowship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Fellowship, San Diego Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- General Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Research and Teaching
- Teach surgical residents and fellows how to perform breast procedures and evaluate patients with breast cancer and benign breast problems
- Research in sentinel node biopsy
- Research in patient care decision making
- Research in quality improvement for breast cancer care
- An inferolateral approach to nipple-sparing mastectomy: optimizing mastectomy and reconstruction. Colwell AS, Gadd M, Smith BL, Austen WG Jr. Ann Plast Surg. 2010; 65(2):140-3.
- Diminishing morbidity with the increased use of sentinel node biopsy in breast carcinoma. Bafford A, Gadd M, Lipsitz S, Golshan M.Am J Surgery 2010; 200(3):374-7.
- The association between biological subtype and isolated regional nodal failure after breast- conserving therapy. Wo JY, Taghian AG, Nguyen PL, Raad RA, Sreedhara M, Bellon JR, Wong JS, Gadd MA, Smith BL, Harris JR. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 77 (1):188-96.
- Diagnosis of breast cancer in women age 40 and younger: delays in diagnosis result from under use of genetic testing and breast imaging. Samphao S, Wheeler AL, Rafferty E, Michaelson JS, Specht MC, Gadd MA, Hughes KS, Smith BL. Am J Surgery 2009; 198(4): 538-43.
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy for staging early breast cancer:minimizing the trade-off by maximizing the accuracy. Gadd M. Annals Oncology 2009; 20 (6):973-5.