Bill Faquin, MD, PhD
Bill Faquin, MD, PhD
Pathologist, Massachusetts General Hospital
Subspecialty pathologist, Head and Neck Pathology & Cytopathology
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- MD, Harvard Medical School/ BWH
- PhD, Harvard University
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Harvard Medical School
American Board Certifications
- Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Cytopathology, American Board of Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Faquin combines his expertise in cytopathology (fine-needle aspiration cytology) and head and neck pathology to investigate key issues in the carcinogenesis of head and neck and thyroid neoplasia. He is involved in translational research pertaining to the detection, diagnosis, and prognostication of cancers involving the thyroid and salivary glands, squamous cell carcinomas of the oropharynx, and tumors of the jaws and oral cavity. Dr. Faquin is a member of the Center for Head and Neck Cancers at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center.
- HPV-related squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: An update on testing in routine pathology practice. Bishop JA, Lewis JS Jr, Rocco JW, Faquin WC. Semin Diagn Pathol. 2015 Feb 4. pii: S0740-2570(15)00014-3. doi: 10.1053/j.semdp.2015.02.013. [Epub ahead of print]
- Thyroid FNA: International perspectives from the European Congress of Cytopathology-Can we cross the bridge of classifications? Rossi ED, Pusztaszeri M, Schmitt F, Bongiovanni M, Chandra A, Faquin WC. Cancer Cytopathol. 2015 Jan 14. doi: 10.1002/cncy.21517. [Epub ahead of print] No abstract available.
- Cytologic evaluation of cervical lymph node metastases from cancers of unknown primary origin. Pusztaszeri MP, Faquin WC. Semin Diagn Pathol. 2014 Dec 20. pii: S0740-2570(14)00109-9. doi: 10.1053/j.semdp.2014.12.002. [Epub ahead of print]