Abner Louissaint, MD, PhD
Abner Louissaint, MD, PhD
Assistant Pathologist, Massachusetts General Hospital
Associate Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-643-0800
About Abner Louissaint, MD, PhD
Dr. Louissaint's clinical and research interests focus on hematopathology and on the molecular characterization of hematological malignancies.
Dr. Louissaint also has an interest in the development of novel approaches and programs for improving pathology graduate medical education. Current work includes the utility of digital imaging and development of web-based applications to enhance the teaching of autopsy and surgical gross pathology.
- Autopsy Pathology
Mass General Pathology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Hematopathology, American Board of Pathology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
As a surgical pathologist with a particular interest in hematopathology, my current research is focused on the molecular characterization of particular disease entities, for the purposes of both classification and prediction of prognosis and susceptibility to treatment. I am currently working on two lines of investigation: 1)Characterization of follicular lymphoma with a special focus on pediatric follicular lymphomas and t(14;18) negative follicular lymphomas. 2) Molecular characterization of thymomas and thymic carcinomas.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
Mass General Cancer Center
An integral part of one of the world’s most distinguished academic medical centers, the Cancer Center is among the leading U.S. cancer care providers.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings