Santiago Lozano-Calderon, MD, PhD
Santiago Lozano-Calderon, MD, PhD
Orthopaedic Oncology Surgeon
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Orthopaedics: Oncology Service | Centers for Sarcoma & Chordoma
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Medical School
- Residency, New York Medical College
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Lozano has a strong interest in clinical research in orthopaedic oncology. His academic practice involves multiple clinical studies evaluating particular neoplastic problems of osseous and connective tissue nature. His focus of research includes clinical outcomes after reconstructive oncologic surgery in the upper and lower extremities, oncologic problems in the upper extremity and functional outcomes after surgical treatment in patients with primary sarcomas of bone and soft-tissue, as well as metastatic bone disease.
In the video below, he discusses the latest innovations in treating bone cancer using patient profiling to develop more targeted treatment plans. You can read more about Dr. Lozano's research on Mass General's Advances in Motion website
- Prophylactic Antibiotic Regimens in Tumor Surgery (PARITY) Investigators, Ghert M, Schneider P, Guyatt G, Thabane L, V?lez R, O'Shea T, Randall RL, Turcotte R, Wilson D, Wunder JS, Baptista AM, Cheng EY, Doung YC, Ferguson PC, Giglio V, Hayden J, Heels-Ansdell D, Khan SA, Sampath Kumar V, McKay P, Miller B, van de Sande M, Zum?rraga JP, Bhandari M. Comparison of Prophylactic Intravenous Antibiotic Regimens After Endoprosthetic Reconstruction for Lower Extremity Bone Tumors: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Oncol. 2022 Jan 6.
- Melnic CM, Cohen-Levy WB, Lozano-Calderon SA, Heng M. Treatment of Severe Acetabular Bone Loss Using a Tantalum Acetabular Shell and a Cemented Monoblock Dual Mobility Acetabular Cup. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2021 Dec 17.
- Groot OQ, Lans A, Twining PK, Bongers MER, Kapoor ND, Verlaan JJ, Newman ET, Raskin KA, Lozano-Calderon SA, Janssen SJ, Schwab JH. Clinical Outcome Differences in the Treatment of Impending Versus Completed Pathological Long-Bone Fractures. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2021 Nov 30.
- Fourman MS, Ramsey DC, Newman ET, Schwab JH, Chen YL, Hung YP, Chebib I, Deshpande V, Nielsen GP, DeLaney TF, Mullen JT, Raskin KA, Lozano Calder?n SA. Assessing the Safety and Utility of Wound VAC Temporization of the Sarcoma or Benign Aggressive Tumor Bed Until Final Margins Are Achieved. Ann Surg Oncol. 2021 Nov 9. doi: 10.1245/s10434-021-11023-9.
- Kelly SP, Ramkumar DB, Lozano-Calderon SA, Newman ET, Raskin KA, Chebib I, Schwab JH, Peacock ZS. Sclerostin Immunohistochemical Staining in Aggressive Maxillofacial Giant Cell Lesions: Initial Results and Potential Therapeutic Target. J Craniofac Surg. 2021 Nov 9.
- Lunn K, Hoftiezer Y, Lans J, van der Heijden B, Chen N, Lozano-Calder?n SA. Joint-sparing versus nonjoint-sparing reconstruction of the radius following oncologic resection: A systematic review. J Surg Oncol. 2021 Dec;124(8):1523-1535.