Virtual visits allow you to have an appointment with your care team from the comfort of your own home, work or other private location when you cannot come to the hospital. Your care team will advise you on which appointments are appropriate for a virtual visit.
Contact your care team directly to see if a virtual visit is right for your care.
What Do I Need to Participate in a Virtual Visit?
- A reliable Internet connection
- A webcam and microphone-enabled device; desktop computer, laptop, Android® device or iPad®/iPhone®
- Access to your Patient Gateway account
- Zoom downloaded to the device you plan on using for visits
How Do I Set Up My Virtual Visit?
Step One: Schedule your Virtual Visit
- If you do not have an appointment scheduled at this time, you must request to schedule a Virtual Visit by contacting your provider’s office.
Step Two: Enroll in Partners Patient Gateway
- Go to https://patientgateway.partners.org and select “Enroll Now.”
- Please contact Partners Patient Gateway if you have any questions at 1-800-745-9683.
Step Three: Download, Install and Test Your Device
- Computer, Mobile or Tablet: Please download the Zoom App.
- If using a Safari browser, please disable pop-up blockers.
- You do not need to create a Zoom account.
- Visit the Zoom test website https://zoom.us/test to make sure audio and video work well on your device.
For patient support call: 800-745-9683
How to Start My Virtual Visit?
- Five minutes before your appointment, log into your Patient Gateway account.
- If you plan to use a mobile device or tablet for your virtual visit download the Partners Patient Gateway application and log in.
- If you plan to use a Windows or Mac Computer, please visit Patient Gateway and log in.
- Click on “Visits or Appointments” in the menu bar.
- Click “Details” for your upcoming virtual visit.
- Click “Begin Virtual Visit” to enter the virtual waiting room for your visit. Your visit will launch in Zoom and your provider will join you shortly.
Where Can I Find More Information on Virtual Visits?
Your Patient Gateway account will have the following resources:
- Virtual Visits: Frequently Asked Questions
- Patient Gateway Virtual Visit Guide
- Video tutorial on how to get started
Zoom Security Notice: We are using a special version of Zoom used for healthcare visits that has several security features that are not available with other versions of Zoom. Each individual appointment creates a new meeting link between provider and patient. There is also a waiting room function providers use to admit people into the Zoom meeting so that no uninvited guests may join. All the video calls are encrypted, video and chat cannot be recorded, and personal health information is not saved by the video system. Connecting to the visit through Patient Gateway provides another layer of security.Patient Gateway Zoom virtual visits are designed to make seeing your provider easy, while keeping you and your health information safe and secure.