Title: 2022 Summer Clinical Research Internships for Undergraduate Students
Location: Lexington, MA
Employer: Lurie Center for Autism, Massachusetts General Hospital
Internship Session: May 23, 2022 thru July 30, 2022
Application Deadline: March 20, 2022
The Summer Clinical Research Internship program at the Lurie Center for Autism gives undergraduate and medical students an opportunity for hands-on experience and training in autism spectrum disorder and clinical research. The summer internship includes a 10-week program of:
- Experience in a variety of clinical and/or basic science research responsibilities that will be individualized through a match-making mentorship process. Examples of exposure/work areas:
- Clinical trial / research design mentorship
- Patient recruitment
- Biosample analysis / processing
- Regulatory management
- Data management and entry
- Literature searches
- Laboratory work (for basic scientists).
- Regular seminars on autism spectrum disorder and the fundamentals of research.
- Observation of clinical care.
- Individual weekly faculty supervision.
- Weekly group faculty mentoring sessions.
- Daily supervision by clinical research staff.
- Final presentation and/or participation in submission to an academic journal.
The Lurie Center for Autism Summer Clinical Research Program is designed for undergraduates who are interested in clinical and/or research careers related to autism spectrum disorder. Typical undergraduate majors of applicants include psychology, biology and pre-med studies.
The MGH Lurie Center for Autism, is now accepting applications for the summer 2022 internship session.
Email your curriculum vitae and a cover letter of interest to LurieCenter@partners.org. Please be sure to include the following information:
- Full Name, preferred email, cell phone number, home address, citizenship
- School, major, expected graduation date, GPA
- List of specific skills and past experience in research
- Cover Letter describing interest areas and vision of experience
Invited Zoom Interviews will take place March 21 – April 15, 2022. Acceptance notification will occur by April 15, 2022. If you have questions about our Internship, please email us at LurieCenter@partners.org.