Title: 2022 Summer Clinical Research Internships for Undergraduate Students
Location: Lexington, MA
Employer: Lurie Center for Autism, Massachusetts General Hospital
Internship Session: May 23, 2022 thru July 30, 2022
Application Deadline: March 20, 2022 (the application period is now closed for 2022)
The Summer Clinical Research Internship program at the Lurie Center for Autism gives undergraduate and medical students an opportunity for hands-on experience and training in autism spectrum disorder and clinical research. The summer internship includes a 10-week program of:
- Experience in a variety of clinical and/or basic science research responsibilities that will be individualized through a match-making mentorship process. Examples of exposure/work areas:
- Clinical trial / research design mentorship
- Patient recruitment
- Biosample analysis / processing
- Regulatory management
- Data management and entry
- Literature searches
- Laboratory work (for basic scientists).
- Regular seminars on autism spectrum disorder and the fundamentals of research.
- Observation of clinical care.
- Individual weekly faculty supervision.
- Weekly group faculty mentoring sessions.
- Daily supervision by clinical research staff.
- Final presentation and/or participation in submission to an academic journal.
The Lurie Center for Autism Summer Clinical Research Program is designed for undergraduates who are interested in clinical and/or research careers related to autism spectrum disorder. Typical undergraduate majors of applicants include psychology, biology and pre-med studies.
The MGH Lurie Center for Autism, is now accepting applications for the summer 2022 internship session.
Email your curriculum vitae and a cover letter of interest to LurieCenter@partners.org. Please be sure to include the following information:
- Full Name, preferred email, cell phone number, home address, citizenship
- School, major, expected graduation date, GPA
- List of specific skills and past experience in research
- Cover Letter describing interest areas and vision of experience
Invited Zoom Interviews will take place March 21 – April 15, 2022. Acceptance notification will occur by April 15, 2022. If you have questions about our Internship, please email us at LurieCenter@partners.org.