Title: 2023 Summer Clinical Research Internships for Undergraduate Students
Location: Lexington, MA
Employer: Lurie Center for Autism, Massachusetts General Hospital
Internship Session: May 30, 2023 thru July 28, 2023
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023
The Summer Undergraduate Research Program at the Lurie Center for Autism provides an opportunity for hands-on training in autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and experience in clinical and translational research. The MGH Lurie Center for Autism, based in Lexington, Massachusetts, is now accepting applications to our Summer 2023 internship session.
Interns will be matched with a Lurie Center faculty mentor to conduct an individual research project. Interns will meet weekly with their faculty mentor and interact regularly with other research staff. In addition, the program includes seminars on ASD and the fundamentals of research, as well as the opportunity to observe clinical care (neurology, psychology, psychiatry, among other specialties).
Through these activities, interns gain exposure to a variety of clinical areas, such as:
- Patient care
- Clinical trial / research design
- Patient recruitment to studies
- Biosample analysis / processing
- Regulatory management
- Data management and entry
- Data analysis
The program is nine weeks, full-time, and will conclude with a final presentation for peers and Lurie Center staff.
- The Lurie Center for Autism’s Summer Undergraduate Research Program is designed for undergraduates in the Boston area who are interested in clinical and/or research careers related to ASD.
- Typical majors of applicants include psychology, biology, neuroscience, or pre-med studies, but are not limited to these majors.
- Preference for rising juniors and seniors, although exceptional rising sophomores will be considered.
- If external support or college credit is not available, interns will be paid an hourly rate as MGH temporary employees.
- Online application: Follow this link.
- Internship session: May 30, 2023 through July 28, 2023
- Application deadline: January 31, 2023
- Acceptance notification: March 15, 2023
. If you have questions about our Internship, please email us at LurieCenter@partners.org.