Title: 2024 Summer Undergraduate Research Internships
Location: Lexington, MA
Employer: Lurie Center for Autism, Massachusetts General Hospital
Internship Session: June 3, 2024 thru August 2, 2024
Application Deadline: January 31, 2024
The MGH Lurie Center for Autism, based in Lexington, Massachusetts, is now accepting applications to our Summer 2024 internship program.
The Summer Undergraduate Research Program at the Lurie Center provides an opportunity for hands-on training in autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and related conditions, and experience in clinical and translational research. As part of the program, interns will be matched with a Lurie Center faculty mentor to conduct a semi-independent research project. Interns will meet weekly with their faculty mentor and interact regularly with other research staff. In addition, the program includes weekly seminars on ASD and the fundamentals of research, as well as the opportunity to observe clinical care (neurology, psychology, psychiatry, among other specialties).
Through these activities, interns gain exposure to a variety of clinical and translational research areas, such as:
- Patient care
- Clinical trial / research design
- Patient recruitment to studies
- Biosample analysis / processing
- Regulatory management
- Data management and entry
- Data analysis
The program is nine weeks, full-time, and will conclude with a final presentation for peers and Lurie Center staff.
- The Lurie Center for Autism’s Summer Undergraduate Research Program is designed for undergraduates who plan to be in the Boston area who are interested in clinical and/or research careers related to ASD.
- Typical majors of applicants include psychology, biology, neuroscience, or pre-med studies, but are not limited to these majors.
- Preference for rising juniors and seniors, although exceptional rising sophomores will be considered.
- If external support or college credit is not available, interns will be paid an hourly rate as MGH temporary employees.
- Online application: Follow this link.
- Internship session: June 3, 2024 through August 2, 2024
- Application deadline: January 31, 2024
- Acceptance notification: March 15, 2024
If you have questions about our internship, please email us at LurieCenter@partners.org.