Learning more about the Lurie Center can help prepare you for your first appointment.
For many individuals with autism spectrum disorder, going to new places and new medical visits can be challenging and anxiety-provoking. Once you or your child is scheduled for an appointment at the Lurie Center:
- Ask the New Appointment Coordinator to summarize how long the first visit will last and what will likely happen at the appointment.
- Ask the name of the provider and visit our Lurie Center provider
- Prepare for your Visit to the Lurie Center by “visiting” the center in advance on our multimedia site.
- Fill out the release of information form to share any additional reports or evaluations the patient may have had.
- Email us at LurieCenter@partners.org if you have any questions.