The CEASE research and implementation team has developed the following free, downloadable materials to help child healthcare practices routinely and effectively address family tobacco use and exposure.
The CEASE training and implementation materials have been designed to help clinicians and staff in child healthcare settings to implement family-centered tobacco control strategies.
- CEASE Training Video
- CEASE Training Manual: The training manual contains information and instructions on how to use the three easy steps of CEASE: Ask, Assist, Refer.
- CEASE Implementation Guide: The Implementation Guides focuses on four key areas that will help child healthcare practices implement the CEASE intervention and guides practices through creating a team to address family tobacco use and exposure.
- CEASE Action Sheet (front): The CEASE Action Sheet (CAS) is the core of the CEASE intervention. It helps identify and document families with tobacco use and exposure issues and learn and document what cessation assistance was provided. The CAS also contains information about billing codes for tobacco assistance delivery and tear-off pre-printed prescriptions for nicotine replacement therapy.
Health promotion specialists, clinicians, and researchers have created materials to educate and inspire families to become completely tobacco free. These materials include brochures and halflets that can be displayed in the office with other health education materials, given to families for future reference, or used as a conversation starter when talking to a person who uses tobacco. The CEASE posters have been designed to be displayed in exam rooms and waiting areas; the posters can be printed out on a standard office printer on normal copier paper.
- CEASE Brochure (English)
- CEASE Brochure (Spanish)
- CEASE Brochure (Portuguese)
- Be a STAR halflet
- Car halflet
- Dad halflet
- Home halflet
- Smokeless tobacco halflet
- Teens halflet
- Thirdhand smoke halflet
Get in Touch
The CEASE program was developed to effectively address family tobacco use. Contact us to find out how you can help as a child health care clinician.