At 5 weeks old, Natalia Boidi was rushed to the emergency room, where doctors diagnosed her with SMA. After months in the PICU and a novel treatment called Spinraza, Natalia can breathe on her own and is learning to stand -- things that were once almost impossible with her disease.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Pediatric Palliative Care
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Duke University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine, American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. O'Malley has worked on numerous research projects involving pediatric emergency care, violence and trauma, and pediatric palliative care.
- Mar | 6 | 2019
Patricia O'Malley, MD, of Pediatric Palliative Care, is the first recipient of the Ilene Beal Courageous Provider Award, which recognizes providers who give exceptional, family-centered care to patients and families during difficult phases of illness.