IN THIS ARTICLE: Less invasive spine procedures can reduce adverse events and improve clinical outcomes. Such surgeries take advantage of new imaging technologies and protocols.
Saechin Kim, MD, PhD
Saechin Kim, MD, PhD
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon
Adult Spinal Reconstruction Orthopaedic Surgeon
Instructor in Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Orthopaedic Spine Center
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Waltham: Mass General Waltham
Orthopaedics at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Avenue
Building 52, Suite 1150
Waltham, MA 02451
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923-3623
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- MD, Harvard Medical School/ BWH
- PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Residency, Mass. General Surgery
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Fellowship, Inselspital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopedic Surgery, Unknown Board
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Kim's research interests are in improving surgical techniques to correct scoliosis and the molecular processes involved in an animal model of avascular necrosis of the femoral epiphyses, which may be a model for Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease.
- Galvin BD, Kim S, Horvitz HR. Caenorhabditis elegans genes required for the engulfment of apoptotic corpses function in the cytotoxic cell deaths induced by mutations in lin-24 and lin-33. Genetics. 2008 May; 179(1):403-17.
- Siebenrock KA, Tannast J, Kim S, Morgenstern W, Ganz R. Acetabular reconstruction using a roof reinforcement ring with hook for total hip arthroplasty in developmental dysplasia of the hip-osteoarthritis minimum 10-year follow-up results. J Arthroplasty. 2005 Jun;20(4):492-8.
- Kim S, Rodrigue S, Mansfield F. Nonoperative treatment for lumbar disc herniation with radiculopathy and for lumbar spinal stenosis. Curr Opin in Orthopedics. 1999 Apr;10(2):137-141.
- Kim S, Magendantz M, Katz W, Solomon F. Development of a differentiated microtubule structure: formation of the chicken erythrocyte marginal band in vivo. JCB. 1987 Jan;104(1):51-59.