Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Pediatric Nephrology Associates
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
- none, Jackson Memorial Hospital
- MBBS, Lady Hardinge Medical College
- MD, Maulana Azad Medical College
- MD, Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi
- none, Miami Children's Hospital
- Residency, Maulana Azad Medical College
- Residency, Miami Children's Hospital
- Residency, Miami Nicklaus Children's Hospital
- Fellowship, Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Fellowship, University of Miami Hosp. & Clinics
American Board Certifications
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Nephrology, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
My clinical interests and expertise are complement mediated renal disease,high risk transplant,parathyroid disorders, and kidney stones.
My contribution to genetic research has revealed molecular defect of different phosphate-wasting disorders. These efforts led to the identification of a novel GLUT2 mutations in a consanguineous family with extremely severe, longstanding hypophosphatemetic rickets, but surprisingly without major changes in the regulation of blood sugar. I also participated in molecular genetic studies identifying novel NPT2c mutations leading to nephrocalcinosis, and novel potassium channel mutations causing Bartter syndrome.